Monday, April 15, 2013

My First Wedding Cake - THIS IS MY WORK

It finally happened, my former roommate commissioned me to make her a two-tier wedding cake. She wanted lemon cake with raspberry filling. I found a new cake recipe (I discovered the WASC recipe and will never go back to regular cake!) as well as a better frosting recipe using Meringue powder(definitely an improvement on classic buttercream). Here are the professional pictures of my work, woohoo!
Isn't it lovely? The colors requested were gray and yellow and she specifically wanted twigs and flowers. I thought it turned out alright, but I wish I would have been better at piping the twigs and such. The base of the cake was my idea since I knew she was going to decorate with jars and twine. The topper was made to match the name plates at the tables. I thought it was all a nice touch.


The first cut!

Me and the bride with my creation! This also gives you a better sense of the actual size of the cake.

The guests enjoyed the cake quite a bit!

I learned a lot from making this cake. 1) Found better frosting recipe for wedding cakes 2)discovered the most delicious cake recipe, and 3)learned that if you use ribbon you MUST line it with wax paper or the grease from the frosting will soak through. A little double-stick tape and wax paper did the trick perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment