Saturday, April 6, 2013

As an aspiring Cakestress, I decided that posting my baking attempts online would be a good way to get feedback and tips on my work! To start out, I'll give you an update on my cake history.

It started two and a half years ago when my sister and I decided to take a basic cake decorating class together at Hobby Lobby. I had just returned home from living in the Dominican Republic for a year and a half and decided I wanted to fulfill one of my life goals and learn how to make cakes. I enjoyed it just as much as I thought I would! Here are some of my creations. As is obvious, I was very new to the art, although I had a lot of fun inventing cake ideas:

I love the well-used table cloth this little cake is sitting on. This is our first cake in the class. I decided to experiment with polka dots using my two favorite complementary colors! My dot making wasn't so good, and I'm still working on it. Dots are hard!

Here is our first full-size 8 inch cake. We were practicing boarders and roses. I decided to spruce mine up with a little Alice in Wonderland theme. Unfortunately at this time I wasn't eating desserts so I never got to eat it and shrink to the size of a mouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment