Sunday, April 14, 2013

Impressing the In-Laws

About a month before we got engaged, my mom and sister flew out to visit me. I took them to meet my boyfriend's family. Since my sister was in town I wanted to take advantage and make a cake with her! This is our creation:

This is my lovely sister modeling the cake in my tiny apartment kitchen I shared with three other roommates. The frosting is made with evaporated milk and less shortening and butter than the average buttercream. I liked the taste much better than buttercream. The clever use of strawberries around the edge of the cake and the fancily cut up strawberry in the middle were all Lynette's design. She has quite the creative flair! 


Here's another bonus shot of us both. Sorry you can't see the cake too well in any of these. It was delicious though!

No comments:

Post a Comment