Saturday, April 6, 2013

Birthday Cake for My Future Mother-in-Law

After just a few dates, my future husband wanted an excuse to go out with me again. I had told him I enjoyed making cakes and conveniently his mom's birthday was just a few weeks away. We set a date for him to come "help" me make the cake. And by that I mean he sat and watched me make it. The next day we went to his parent's house and I met the whole family. After that, I decided we could officially be a couple because I liked them so much. Here is the fated birthday cake!

I realized after this cake that my frosting writing needed some work!

**Side note on this cake: When I was little my mom would always hide a marble in birthday cakes and whoever found it in their piece got a surprise. I decided to do this for my future husband's family. I didn't have a marble so I used a marble charm from a necklace my dad got me in China. I was terrified they would break a tooth or something, but it turned out well and they loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment