Monday, April 15, 2013

Wedding Cake Practice Begins

With my wedding soon approaching, I decided I wanted to try my hand at making my own wedding cake I was going to need to practice getting it right, especially the part where I would have to make tiers! I also wanted to practice cake flavors and decoration styles. We wanted to have a celtic theme running through the wedding a bit since my ring was designed with an eternity knot in it.
I designed this in Paint(very tech savvy, ha!) thinking I might want my wedding cake to look similar. Here's my rough design, and in the next two posts I'll show you my practice cakes! Let me warn you now though that I didn't end up making my cake and I was a little disappointed with the work of the bakery I hired. I gave them a simpler design than this but they completely butchered the celtic knot design.

No comments:

Post a Comment