Monday, April 15, 2013

Practice Wedding Cake #1

Well here it is, my first practice wedding cake! I was pretty pleased with my work on a first try, but I still needed more practice, that's for sure.

I choose to make my cake Red Velvet for practice since I'm pretty much obsessed with any kind of food with the word velvet in it. There were two fillings that I alternated between layers: cream cheese and chocolate cream cheese. The cake was wonderfully delicious, although I have since found a cake recipe that I find even tastier. I'll post the recipe later on.

I was having a lot of fun making my cake so I'm posting my joyous face for you to see!

And here is the final outcome! She sat crooked but I thought the decoration was fun. I was still dissatisfied with the taste of traditional buttercream, however!



I think I would have been satisfied to have this little cake at my wedding! I thought the decoration was charming, if I do say so myself. The chocolate cheesecake filling was also enchanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment