Thursday, August 15, 2013

January Cake #1

January is an incredibly busy month for birthdays and such. Both my husband and I celebrate our birthdays in January, as well has my youngest sister-in-law who turned 12! So of course I had to make special cakes for them. Here are pictures the Lord of the Rings Eye of Sauron cake I made for my husband. I can't remember what flavor was inside, but it was probably something pretty normal like yellow cake with vanilla filling. It took a while to get the colors to mix just right to look like the eye. In the end I was pretty pleased with it. If I were to redo it, I would use paint brushes to run the colors instead of just a spatula like I did here. I will say that the Elvish written around the outside turned out fairly decent for a first go.


No comments:

Post a Comment