Monday, September 2, 2013

A Consultation

July 13 is an important day in my husband's family. It is the birthday of my brother-in-law Jason, who passed away over four years ago now. You can read a beautiful memorial about it by my husband here: Make Music of our Tears. To celebrate his birthday, we always go to the temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and then stop at his grave afterwards. I decided to make cupcakes to celebrate. These are pictures of a few of them that I kept aside. I was scheduled to do a consultation for a wedding cake later in the week, so I wanted to have something for her to try (foreshadowing for a future post about my first three-tier wedding cake!)

I made two kinds of cupcakes. There were chocolate cupcakes filled with regular frosting and covered in regular frosting. The pink cupcakes were white cake filled with raspberry and almond flavored frosting. I was personally partial to the white/raspberry combo. We all enjoyed gulping them down while an uncharacteristically strong wind buffeted us at the cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment