Monday, September 2, 2013

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese

My mom's favorite cake was carrot cake, so I happily obliged.


Cake: As mentioned, this was a carrot cake. I went all out and included nuts, raisins, coconut, and pineapple to a carrot cake mix made as a WASC base. Pineapple juice was the liquid. The cake was wonderfully dense and moist, just as a carrot cake should be!

Filling and Frosting: Using the same Sam's Club bakery frosting that I used in the previous cake, I mixed in a few 8 oz. packets of cream cheese. It mixed in nicely and really added a nice cheesy taste to the frosting. I used it to both fill and frost the cake. My extra large tips came in handy again. I even went to the effort to pipe little carrots onto the cake, just like a bakery. While the tres leches cake was delicious, my heart was with the carrot cake's dense layers and mouth-watering frosting.

These pictures were taken after the three hour drive from home to Capitol Reef. They survived the journel well, with a bag of ice sitting nearby to keep the cream cheese frosting cool.
                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment